Testimonials Shop News Specials Catalogue Contact Forum Blog My Account My Edibles
50 percent off when you pre order
50 percent off when you pre orderMulti Grafted VarietiesRare and Collectable treesUse these promo codes to get special offers when placing a new order
Forum Rules | Updates
<< Back to Daleys Fruit Tree Forum

grapes-carolina black rose

4 responses

garry starts with ...
hi, i have recently bought a carolina black rose grape, from daley's. i have grown a lot of vegies and things in the past.i am new to this area and would like to know some handy hints to growing grapes, which i have never done before;; any help would be appreciated thank you;;;;;;;;;;
About the Author
garry3
doubtfull creek
25th July 2010 11:15am
#UserID: 3986
View All garry3's Edible Fruit Trees
Reply | | Remember to LIKE this Answer(0) LIKE this Question (0)
allybanana says...
Lots of sun and water well drained i got the best results with a huge hole and a dead kangaroo at the bottom, a bit of dirt between the kangaroo and the roots. Failing some handy roadkill dig a big hole and give it lots of food deep down.
About the Author

Eden
25th July 2010 7:16pm
#UserID: 0
Reply | Edit | | Remember to LIKE this Answer(0) LIKE this Question (0)
Diana says...
Hi Garry,

I have a happy two and a half year old Carolina Black Rose grape, and it's been very hardy and fast-growing, even though the dog initially chewed it off to a stump (no need for roos in the hole luckily- a bit of compost). I have clay soil, on a slight slope. It is in full sun. Grapes don't like to be over-watered.

Diana.
Pictures - Click to enlarge

Picture: 1

About the Author

Brisbane
26th July 2010 9:42pm
Itdepends says...
You need to prune it. Most grapes will only set fruit on new seasons growth which grows from last years growth.

Suggest getting/borrowing a book on fruit growing to check the section on grape vine pruning- it's very important for them and you'll remove 90% of the vine each winter.
About the Author

27th July 2010 12:13pm
garry says...
thank you for your feedback, diana.the vine i have seems to be in similar position, and soil as yours, hopefully i can get it as healthy as yours looks;i have only just got mine, and it is only about a foot high.--have a nice day;;;
About the Author
garry3
kyogle
28th July 2010 7:58am
#UserID: 3986
View All garry3's Edible Fruit Trees
Reply | | Remember to LIKE this Answer(0) LIKE this Question (0)

REPLY to this forum

Login or Create Account

<< Back to Daleys Fruit Tree Forum