Also known as:
* Australian Rose Apple
* Creek Cherry
* Brush Cherry
* Height 7-10m, Width: 3-8m
* Full Sun to Partial Shade
* Flowers: Summer to Autumn
* Pot Suitable
* Suitable for Hedging
(syn. Syzygium paniculatum, Eugenia australis, Eugenia myrtifolia)
Australian native tree grown for colourful new growth, beautiful flowers and decorative fruit.
Features: Dense, evergreen tree with oval, glossy green leaves on pendulous branches. Red to copper-brown new growth, profuse, fluffy, cream flowers in Summer and Autumn followed by clusters of edible, pink, purple to red coloured fruit.
Conditions: Suits most soil types. Prefers moist, well drained soil in full sun to partial shade.
For Best Results: Protect plants in frost prone areas. Mulch to retain soil moisture. Water well during Summer.
Planting ideas and Uses:
* Suitable for hedging or screen planting
* great feature specimen
* Good street Tree
* ideal tree for tropical areas
* juvenile plants make excellent indoor plants in decorative tubs and containers.
* eat fruit fresh or make jam