(1/1) Refunds and Returns
Refund or ReturnsInfo
Refund Policy of Daleys Fruit Tree Nursery
Firstly we ask that you remember that plants are alive and sometimes their leaves can droop during transit and their leaf colour varies seasonally which is why we have included what we believe to be proven instructions on what to do when you receive your plants. We do our best to send out our trees in as optimal condition as possible. Being a live product there is always a possibility that things can go wrong in transit. We are proud of our customer feedback and this is our guarantee to you that we feel confident we can deliver to most parts of Australia in good condition.
If you are not satisfied with your order or they have been badly damaged in transit please follow these steps.
Every possible care is taken to send out every tree from our Nursery true to name, nevertheless, we give no warranty, expressed or implied as to growth, description, or productiveness and will in no way hold ourselves responsible for any greater amount than what was paid for any trees which may prove to be untrue to the label.
Steps to start a Returns, Exchange or Replacement process
Conditions: We can only refund plants after they are returned to us even if they are in bad condition so please hold onto your box and pots. If you have planted it in the ground please remove it and completely wash all soil from the roots. Then place it back into the pot using only "Potting Mix". Soil can not be sent through the post only potting mix.
- Starting Return: Contact Us within 30 days to start a postage paid return.
- Photos: (Optional) Attach a photo of your plants which shows why you would like a refund.
- Return Postage Paid by Daleys: We will then give you the option to have the plants returned to us for a full refund. We will send you a return paid postage label to print out and put on the box. Because time is important and we will likely re-vigorise returned stock we do request that you box and drop them off at the post office. Do your best to re-water them but make sure that water does not seep out during transit by re-wrapping the pots to seal in water. You can then drop the box off at your local Australia Post shop. If you don't have a printer just quote the Return Reference number to them and they can print it out at the post office for you. Please re-use the box it was sent in as Daleys does not reimburse packaging costs.
- Refunding payment back to you: We will issue a full refund of the order value after we receive the order within 2-5 working days using only the same payment method that was used for the order and contact you to verify that this has been completed. If the full order is returned then the full order value including postage will be refunded. If only part of the order is returned then this value of the order plus a proportional amount of the postage will be refunded when that plant contributed to the postage cost. ( Note: Postage is not refunded for exchange/change of mind/ choosing the wrong item )
36 Daleys Lane
Geneva 2474 NSW
In the event that you change your mind, ordered the wrong item or would like another item instead. Please follow the above steps for the returns/exchange policy. Please Note when changing your mind postage costs are not covered by Daleys Nursery and we must receive them within 30 days from the date that they arrived at your place.
If your trees do not perform for you as expected this may be due to climate, soil, moisture or other factors beyond our control. You are welcome to contact us for advice, but due to all these variables we cannot guarantee the performance of all our trees across all Australian climates. Other options is to upload photos of your plants to the Daleys Fruit Tree Forum
We do not replace plants. Instead we require that they are returned to us and refunded back to the payment method used to place the order. If you would like to order the same plant again you may place another order via our website. Please note pricing and availability may have changed. You may need to wait until we have stock or if the price has changed you may need to wait until we can produce a big batch with a price you are satisfied with. Just like fruit & veg prices do change regularily and are set and locked in at the time of purchase. We suggest you wait until the plant has been successfully received and the money is back in your account before placing another order. Please note that if you order the exact same plant and again you are not happy we will not cover a return the second time. This is a decision you need to consider before ordering the replacements. We suggest that you Do Not Use the same courier company you originally used when placing the order but pay the extra money to use an express courier to your address. ( This is always our recommendation - to use a courier company you have used before and that you know and trust )
Western Australia (WA) Orders Refund/Exchange Policy
Unlike other states WA orders has the following checks before they are delivered.
1. Daleys Staff check the plants before they leave.
2.NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) representative checks them before they leave here to ensure they meet quarantine requirements.
3. WA Department of Primary Industries (DPI) representative checks them when they enter WA.
4. You then can check them on arrival.
The journey from Northern NSW to WA is a long and arduous one and there are risks involved in getting the trees to you even with all these checks. We do our best to pack them accordingly but as you can understand we cannot guarantee their condition on arrival and although we can give you help and advice we do not have the same refund guarantee as other states.
Condition of Returns and Refunds
* Returns must be made at a local Australia Post shop. The return does not include pickup from your home address.
* The time that the plants were given to Australia Post is recorded under the tracking number on the postage paid return slip. In the case that more than 2 working days have passed since the return slip was issued or (4 working days since the plants had been received ) then the return will not be refunded. Plants are living and timing of the return is therefore very important.
Instructions - Packaging your plants for a return.
- Soil - Can not be sent by post. Wash your plants roots until all soil has been removed. Then re-pot it back into the original pot or a similar sized pot if it has been disposed of using only store bought Potting Mix.
- Water the plant with a similar volume to the pot. Letting it drain for a minutes. Then wrap them in plastic tying off the bag around the trunk of the tree to be water tight but not damaging the trunk.
- The Box has flaps that get pushed in above the pot. This locks the pot in place so your box can be turned upside down without the pot moving. The cost of return packaging is not covered In the case that you have already disposed of the box. You can purchase or re-use a suitable cardboard box. If it is too large it can be cut to size so that the plant can fit securely without the pot moving around when tipped upside down.
- Print out the Return Slip and place it on the top of the box. if there is no room on top then place it on the side ( Never the bottom)
- Drop Off at any Australia Post shop who will print out a receipt for you with tracking information as a record that they were successfully dropped off within 2 business days of receiving the return slip.