Daleys Fruit Tree Nursery
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How will my plants arrive? Click to watch a video.
- How much is freight for my order? Freight is calculated automatically online depending on your Postcode, Please add the plants and then enter your postcode to see the total freight for your order. Our preferred frieght company is Fastway Couriers and Star Track Express.
- Do you charge a packaging fee? Yes, but when all your plants are above $50 the handling fee is FREE. Otherwise it is a small fee. Learn More
- What do our customers say about us? Please read our Testimonial Page
- Not all the plants I want are available. Can you hold my order until they are?
No, But we can notifiy you when they are ready for sale. Just do a fruit tree search and put your email address and mobile phone down to be notified the moment they are ready. We can not put plants aside due to selling our plants when they are the correct age and height to be sent by freight and planted by you. It may take months for a wish list of plants to be available all at once and by this time some of the existing plants ordered may not meet the quality and standards we have in place.
- Can I prepurchase the trees I want? Yes, we do have a prepurchase option for many plants that are not available, this will be displayed beside the product on the appropriate web page and is very simple to process, click on the prepurchase option and follow the prompts. ( Full Pre Purchase Details )
- What plants will suit where I live? The first way is to type your postcode into Australia plants - Most Popular -- OR -- Select by climate (Frost) and specs (dwarf, pollination, height etc) with our Choosing Fruit Trees page. We also sell and excellent Fruit Tree Reference Guide for only $2. This categorises all our plants into Climatic Zones across Australia, with information on all our trees we sell. To purchase go to http://www.daleysfruit.com.au/Catalogue.htm
- Can you send to Western Australia?
Yes, we can send to WA, there are freight and quarantine costs on top of the cost of the plants which will be calculated automatically online. The distance between Northern NSW and WA is also a consideration when placing your order as this does involve a risk due to the distance. We do our best to minimise this risk by taking great care when we pack your trees. We send to WA every couple of months, see FAQ 2 for calculating your freight.
- What happens if my plants are damaged in transit?
99% of plants arrive in great condition to our customers. In some cases the plants may be damaged and Daleys will act in good faith to advise you on revitalising the damaged plant or offer a discount or gift voucher on your next purchase.
- How big are the trees? All our trees are grown in 140 mm or 165mm pots, the boxes we ship our plants in are 90 cm tall and all our trees must fit within these boxes to be shipped out. If necessary trees will be tip pruned before shipping, this initiates the formation of new buds which will help with the successful establishment of your fruit trees.
- Do you sell Gift Vouchers? Yes please click to order a Daleys Nursery Gift Voucher Online. Postage to anywhere in Australia is free. Gift Voucher Commonly Asked Questions
- I have placed my order, when are you likely to process it and when will it arrive?
Orders are picked and packaged on Mondays and Tuesdays and perhaps Wednesdays so that your order is sent by courier and will arrive at your place usually within 2-3 days. This is so your plants will not have to be stored over the weekend and will arrive in better condition. We do pack our plants to survive up to 2 weeks in transit.
- Is there a way to Not pay Freight and Handling?
Daleys nursery supplies retail nurseries across Australia. Please contact your closest nursery and ask them to order the fruit trees you require or you could of course visit us. The prices our Retail Nurseries we supply will not be the same as our listed prices.
- Can you grow large quantities of the same plant for me?
Please contact us regarding your requirements and we can quote on your requirements. Please realise we will require a deposit for a confirmed order.
- Do you send overseas? No, www.tropicalfruitnursery.com is in Miami and has a similar range.
- How secure is it to order using your Online Nursery?
Daleys nursery uses the latest security so you can feel safe giving us your credit card information for your order such as a 128 bit https connection. If you would rather give us your credit card over the phone just select this method and we will personally ring you up. Otherwise you can use cheque, money order or direct deposit.
- I have a gift voucher how do I use it?
To use your voucher just mention it in the special instructions when you place your order, please include the voucher number and it will be applied to your order.
- I wish to follow up on my order as I have not yet received notification about the order I have placed?
We send a confirmation of your order to your email when you place an order with us, we also email you with your delivery information when your order leaves the nursery. If you have placed an order but do not have an email please contact us for your confirmation and shipping details. If you have not received an email from us there may be an error with your email address so please call to confirm your details with us.
- I wish to amend part of my order?
If you have not received notification that your order has been shipped please contact us to amend any details with regard to your to your order. If you wish to add to your order we include a link in the confirmation email, those paying by credit card and paypal may use this link to amend the items in your order.
- I wish to know if a particular product is available and how long it will take to receive it?
All our available stock is listed online in the shop. For out of stock items we have a notification service, if you request this service we will notify you by either email or an SMS message to your mobile when an item is ready for sale. You can request this service from the appropriate web page. You may be able to prepurchase items that are almost ready for sale, this service will be displayed on the appropriate web page.
- Can I visit your nursery?
Yes. We are open Tuesday - Friday 9am - 4pm and on Saturdays 10am -1pm, here is a map for directions. We are closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- What is Daleys Nursery guarantee?
If you receive a tree that you are not totally satisfied with you need to advise us on arrival. If your trees do not perform for you as you expected this may be due to climate, soil, moisture or other factors beyond our control. You are welcome to contact us for advise, but due to all these variables we cannot guarantee the performance of all our trees across all Australian climates.
- When will a Western Australia ( WA ) Order be sent.
The next Send Date can be found at this web page: http://www.daleysfruit.com.au/WA.htm
Updated: 14th of May, 2013 at 2:54pm © Disclaimer/Privacy/Copyright